November 2009

MINUTES OF MEETING OF EAST SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 11TH NOVEMBER 2009 AT THE FILMER HALL, EAST SUTTON AT 8 P.M
PRESENT: Messrs Edmed (chairman), Ireland, Skinner, Turnill and Worsfold together with the Clerk, Mrs Rimmer.
  1. APOLOGIES: Mrs J Gibson
  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
  1. POLICE REPORT: No formal report received this month.
  1. MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 2ND SEPTEMBER 2009 were agreed as a true and accurate record of proceedings.
  1. MATTERS ARISING
a)      Manhole Cover, Church Road – this has been repaired but there has been no charge for materials and labour.
b)      Insurance – policy needs updating to include all play equipment, the village hall and war memorial. Estimated value of village hall £200,000
c)      Play area refurbishment – now complete. Quote for repair to fence at rear of area to be obtained.
6.   HIGHWAYS
a)      No report received from KCCllr Whittle regarding her meeting with KHS
Action: Chase
b)      Mr Ireland and Mr Turnill met with Mr Emmett and Ms Barry from KHS to discuss issues in the parish.
Priorities detailed as: Heniker Lane, Workhouse Lane (potholes) and Morry Lane (flooding)
c)      KHS have a new online reporting system for highways faults and repairs. Mr Ireland and Mrs Rimmer have attended training session in relation to this.
d)     Streetsigns – Ben Hildern has advised that there is a six month wait re signs. Order placed to resite play area signs in Church Road.
e)      Morry Lane flooding – 3rd November – gullys are not functioning properly. KHS advise they are to cleanse and investigate in near future.
f)       Current list of outstanding works circulated.
g)      Query regarding road sweeping – when are The Hollow and Brick Kiln Lane scheduled for a sweep?
Action: Clerk to determine
 
7.         CORRESPONDENCE
Invitation to Mayors Charity Dinner – 6th December
8.         PLANNING
No applications received
9.         FINANCE
a)      Items for payment – the council confirmed payments as set out in schedule. Additional payment proposed by Mr Turnill, agreed that £40 be paid to the Royal British Legion for a wreath.
b)      Budget 2010-2011 – Councillors were reminded that the budget needs to be agreed at the January meeting. Proposed expenses for 2010-2011 include:
Village Hall toilets – lintels and windows
·         There has been no indication to date as to how the current economic climate will affect concurrent function grants.
10.       MEMBERS OF PUBLIC
None
11.       ADDITIONAL MATTERS TO BE DISCUSSED AT NEXT MEETING
Query regarding two big sheds that have been erected on boundary with Sutton Valence. Mr Turnill to discuss with Sutton Valence PC
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 20TH JANUARY 2010
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.55 p.m.