MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF EAST SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON WEDNESDAY 14TH JANUARY 2009
AT 8PM IN THE FILMER HALL
PRESENT: Cllrs Edmed, Ireland, Turnill, Skinner, Worsfold, Mrs Rimmer (clerk), one resident
1. APOLOGIES: PCSO Smith
2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST: Cllrs Edmed, Skinner and Worsfold declared an interest in planning application MA/08/2391
3. POLICE REPORT: The clerk read a report from PCSO Smith advising that there had been one crime logged since the last meeting being a theft from motor vehicles at Barling Farm.
PCSO Smith also advised of sheep worrying incidents in the area. Extra officers have been deployed to assist with operations.
Councillors reported that over the Christmas period tyres were tipped in Heniker Lane and on 13th January a number of items were thrown from the surrounding area on the frozen lake at Barling Farm.
4. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 5TH NOVEMBER 2008: Agreed and signed as a true and accurate record of proceedings following amendment to show Cllr Turnill chaired the meeting.
5. MATTERS ARISING:
a) Parish newsletter – Minutes to be sent to Downs Mail for inclusion
b) Bank charges – whilst Nat West had refunded previous charges it was noted that these had again been debited from the account in October. Letter sent requesting refund and assurance that these will no longer be debited.
6. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
In line with regulations the amended publication scheme was adopted by Councillors prior to the 31st December deadline. Details of all information available under the scheme is available on the parish council website.
7. PLAY AREA
Applications made to Borough and County Councillors under Devolved Budget Scheme. To date £300 received from Cllr Gibson. It was decided to request the contractor to carry out these works to ensure that the funding from MBC was not lost.
Action: Pro-forma invoice to be obtained to allow grant application to be completed
8. VILLAGE HALL
Two quotes received detailing various options. It was agreed that a simple scrub and seal would be the best option.
Action: Third quote to be obtained on this basis.
a) Update on Highway Matters
a) Cllr Ireland reported that Graham White is now the KHS Officer for the area with Sue Hollister acting as Liaison Officer.
b) There are still outstanding items on the list. Orders have been issued for a large proportion of the works.
c) Following a survey of the parish in November with KHS it was noted that roads within the parish needed to be included on the streetsweeping schedule. Following discussions with MBC it would appear that the mechanical sweeper is now scheduled to cover East Sutton with the first visit taking place on 12th January.
Quotations requested from contractors to carry out maintenance work from March. EDF current contract covers weekly check, bi-annual bulb change and repainting on a 5yr programme.
c) A274 Road Safety – Jacobs to undertake study of A274 from Armstrong Road, Maidstone to Mill Bank Road, Headcorn looking at safety of the route for all road users. Request parish councils to advise of historic or currently problems along the route.
Action: Clerk to highlight problems at Warmlake Road, Chart Road and East Sutton Road.
· MBC – Kerbside collections – to be introduced to parish in Spring 2009
· MBC – Information on Planning Enforcement Activity – advice that councils can now be given full details of planning enforcement cases provided that this information is kept confidential.
· InterRoute – Essential Works to Dead, Dying and Hazardous Trees
· Kent Police Authority – Policing Kent Survey 2009-2010
I. Applications received
· MA/08/2391 – Barling Farm – removal of existing portable buildings and part demolition of existing commercial building and erection of an extension to providing replacement office/storage/workshop space – due to declarations of interest application to be passed to Cllr Thick for comment
II. Applications granted
· MA/08/2035 – The Coach House, Charlton Court Place
· Audit of accounts 2007-2008 – audit completed with no comment
· Budget 2009-2010 – following discussion of budget proposals the precept for 2009-2010 was set at £4000. This is an increase of £750 from 2008-2009 but includes £1000 provision for work to be carried out on the Filmer Hall.
13. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
This is purely an information slot and no action can be taken upon the matters raised during this session. Any action required will need written representation to the council
For information it was noted that the sewage works will not finish until end of March rather than the anticipated February completion
- ADDITIONAL MATTERS TO BE DISCUSSED AT NEXT MEETING
- DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – 4TH MARCH 2009
AT 7.30 P.M. TO BE FOLLOWED BY ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
AT 8 P.M.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.05 pm