May 2010

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at the Filmer Hall on Wednesday 12th May 2010 at 8.00 p.m.
Present: Messrs Edmed, Ireland, Turnill, Skinner and Worsfold together with Mrs May, Mrs Rimmer, Clerk to the Council, PCSO de Burca and one resident.
1.      Apologies: MBCllr Jenny Gibson, KCCllr Jenny Whittle
2.      Election of Chairman
It was proposed by Mr Edmed, seconded by Mr Worsfold that Mr Turnill be elected to the office of chairman – agreed
3.      Election of Vice Chairman
It was proposed by Mr Worsfold, seconded by Mr Edmed that Mr Ireland be elected to the office of vice chairman – agreed.
Mr Turnill took the chair and wished to thank Mr Edmed for the work and time that he had given to the parish in his role as chairman over the past nine years. Thanks was also passed to Mr Skinner who had stepped down from the council after 28 years in total. 
It was proposed by Mr Ireland, seconded by Mr Worsfold that Mrs Elizabeth May be co-opted to the Council – agreed
4.      Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Signed by all members of the Council. Register of Interest forms issued for completion.
5.      Declaration of Interest
None
6.      Police Report
PCSO De Burca advised that there was a total of 6 incidents in the month of April
(appendix 1). There has been a slight increase in crime in the whole of the Headcorn Ward in the month.
Neighbourhood Task Team are visiting the area at nighttimes at present.
7.      Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 5th March 2010 were agreed as a true and
accurate record of proceedings.
8.      Matters Arising from the Minutes
a)      Insurance – policy is due for renewal soon.
      Action: Clerk to ensure all items are included. Quotation to be requested from    
      alternative provider
b)      Play Area – order placed for work to swings. No start date provided.
     Action: Chase
c)      War Memorial – All work can now be auctioned. Grant received from MBCllr Thick
d)      Streetsweeping – Mr Ireland reported that he believes this to have been done.
e)      Griffins Farm – meeting held with Manager who advised that he would try to repair
     the verges to a reasonable standard. Farm are ameniable and willing to help.Question is how    
     can they be protected? Mr Turnill reported that he has spoken to KHS about this – could use
     posts.
 
      Might be appropriate to make a pull off section to allow lorries to pass.
      Action: Mr Turnill to follow this up.
9.      Highways
a)      KHS have work scheduled for completion by 31.07.10 on Pleasure House Lane
b)      Pam Kaur has now been appointed liaison officer for the parish.
c)      Few fix and find jobs carried out but very few pot holes have been repaired. Still to large ones in Friday Street.
Action: Mr Ireland to continue to monitor
             Clerk to arrange meeting with Pam Kaur and Ben Hilden
10. Correspondence
None
11. Finance
a)      Items for payment – see schedule
b)      Audit of Accounts – agreed. Audit forms signed for submission to Audit Commission.
12. Reports from members of the public
This is purely an information slot and no action can be taken upon the matters raised during this session. Any action required will need written representation to the council.
       Mr Bristow requested that he be included in any meetings regarding Pleasure House Lane –
       agreed
13. Additional matters to be discussed at next meeting
a)      Street crossing signs for outside hall.
b)      Parish Newsletter
c)      Hedge Cutting
d)      Three Suttons Carnival
14. Date of next Parish Council meeting  – 7th July 2010
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9 pm
Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at the Filmer Hall on Wednesday 12th May 2010 at 8.00 p.m.
Present: Messrs Edmed, Ireland, Turnill, Skinner and Worsfold together with Mrs May, Mrs Rimmer, Clerk to the Council, PCSO de Burca and one resident.
1.      Apologies: MBCllr Jenny Gibson, KCCllr Jenny Whittle
2.      Election of Chairman
It was proposed by Mr Edmed, seconded by Mr Worsfold that Mr Turnill be elected to the office of chairman – agreed
3.      Election of Vice Chairman
It was proposed by Mr Worsfold, seconded by Mr Edmed that Mr Ireland be elected to the office of vice chairman – agreed.
Mr Turnill took the chair and wished to thank Mr Edmed for the work and time that he had given to the parish in his role as chairman over the past nine years. Thanks was also passed to Mr Skinner who had stepped down from the council after 28 years in total. 
It was proposed by Mr Ireland, seconded by Mr Worsfold that Mrs Elizabeth May be co-opted to the Council – agreed
4.      Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Signed by all members of the Council. Register of Interest forms issued for completion.
5.      Declaration of Interest
None
6.      Police Report
PCSO De Burca advised that there was a total of 6 incidents in the month of April
(appendix 1). There has been a slight increase in crime in the whole of the Headcorn Ward in the month.
Neighbourhood Task Team are visiting the area at nighttimes at present.
7.      Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 5th March 2010 were agreed as a true and
accurate record of proceedings.
8.      Matters Arising from the Minutes
a)      Insurance – policy is due for renewal soon.
      Action: Clerk to ensure all items are included. Quotation to be requested from    
      alternative provider
b)      Play Area – order placed for work to swings. No start date provided.
     Action: Chase
c)      War Memorial – All work can now be auctioned. Grant received from MBCllr Thick
d)      Streetsweeping – Mr Ireland reported that he believes this to have been done.
e)      Griffins Farm – meeting held with Manager who advised that he would try to repair
     the verges to a reasonable standard. Farm are ameniable and willing to help.Question is how    
     can they be protected? Mr Turnill reported that he has spoken to KHS about this – could use
     posts.
 
      Might be appropriate to make a pull off section to allow lorries to pass.
      Action: Mr Turnill to follow this up.
9.      Highways
a)      KHS have work scheduled for completion by 31.07.10 on Pleasure House Lane
b)      Pam Kaur has now been appointed liaison officer for the parish.
c)      Few fix and find jobs carried out but very few pot holes have been repaired. Still to large ones in Friday Street.
Action: Mr Ireland to continue to monitor
             Clerk to arrange meeting with Pam Kaur and Ben Hilden
10. Correspondence
None
11. Finance
a)      Items for payment – see schedule
b)      Audit of Accounts – agreed. Audit forms signed for submission to Audit Commission.
12. Reports from members of the public
This is purely an information slot and no action can be taken upon the matters raised during this session. Any action required will need written representation to the council.
       Mr Bristow requested that he be included in any meetings regarding Pleasure House Lane –
       agreed
13. Additional matters to be discussed at next meeting
a)      Street crossing signs for outside hall.
b)      Parish Newsletter
c)      Hedge Cutting
d)      Three Suttons Carnival
14. Date of next Parish Council meeting  – 7th July 2010
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9 pm